Our Mission is Simple.
We strive to improve people’s lives by providing high quality educational and charitable programming to the northern Illinois broadcast area. Wild World Media (WWM) accomplishes this through a variety of education programming designed to meet the needs and interests. WWM offers the following four broadcast educational programs and one technical educational program in order to provide services across a wide array of interests and needs:
- Community News & Services Educational Program: WWM informs residents of news, services and resources in the local area for those in need. These include, but are not limited to: relevant news from the community of licensure, discussions about entitlement programs for low-income families, veterans’ issues, support for victims of domestic assault, and other social issues and concerns.
- Family & Financial Educational Program: WWM educates residents in the listening area on relevant parenting and financial skills from childhood nutrition to retirement planning.
- Humanities Educational Program: WWM provides a humanities education program to interest and inspire residents to learn more about music and literature. Broadcast programming will educate listeners on the history and development of different musical genres. Literature and literacy will be promoted as written works in the public domain for both children and adults are broadcast to listeners.
- Outdoor Educational Program: WWM educates listeners on a wide array of outdoor topics to promote an active and healthy lifestyle and respect for the planet and the creatures we share it with. These include, but are not limited to outdoor sports such as hunting and fishing, domesticated animal care, agriculture, gardening, and conservation.
- Radio Technical Educational Program: Lastly, WWM provides opportunities for individuals to participate and learn across the spectrum of radio broadcasting from programming and engineering to station management. WWM offers these opportunities through volunteering in various capacities and internships with the station.
Some cool stats
Learn more about WGEN
A MESSAGE FROM OUR FOUNDER:
I grew up in a small town listening to the radio. Everywhere. In my room at…
He attended the University of Illinois pursuing a business degree. He joined a National Recruitment Organization…